We mostly hear how hard it is to give negative feedback and fire people. I have been wondering about this. Yes giving negative feedback is hard and firing people is harder. However come to think of it, actually this is a easiest thing. We are all critical of others and so giving negative feedback comes naturally. We more often than not, find it easier to find mistakes rather than appreciate what's going on well. And if a subordinate isn't working out, firing is an easy way out. The work pressures are high and we can't afford a non-performer on the team, right. Actually, that is the easy way out. What's really hard is to make the non-performers succeed. That is the true challenge of leadership.
Welcome to Learn and Lead. I write about learning, leadership, performance, management, elearning, training, blogging, tools, trends. Looking forward to your valuable comments.
On this blog...
- Case Studies
- Work-Life Balance and Quality Time
- What's your Web 2.0 Quotient?
- Indian Learning Professionals and Companies on Twitter
- Blogs by Indian Learning Professionals and Companies
- Getting Started with Instructional Design
- Instructional Designer Competencies
- Deciding to Insource or Outsource Elearning Development
- 6 Tips to Motivate Yourself
- Top 10 Learning Tools
- 10 Tips to Get Started with Twitter
- Top 10 CxO Blogs
- ▼ 2012 (7)
- ► 2011 (13)
- ► 2010 (24)
- ► 2009 (65)
- ► 2008 (78)
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published here is not read or approved in advance by my employers and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employers.
This work by Manish Mohan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License.