Do I have a To-Learn list? Well no, but here’s my first list of things I want to learn.
- Learn to play the tabla. Have been wanting to for a very long time now!
- Learn to run a Rs. 100 crore company. I see my bosses doing much more with aplomb ease.
- Learn PHP !!! Actually not really ‘learn’ but knowing it will really help ever since I started messing around with Wordpress and other tools.
- Learn to dance such that my daughter doesn’t roll on the floor laughing.
Other questions asked in the Big Question:
- How does a to-learn list impact something like a Learning Management System in a Workplace or Educational setting?
- What skills, practices, behaviors do modern knowledge workers need around to-learn lists?
I would suggest that we leave LMSs alone for now. There are enough other things to be managed with all the informal learning and Web 2.0 mumbo-jumbo. Let’s not add To-Learn Lists on to LMSs. And do knowledge workers need to have any skills, practices around this? I don’t think what knowledge workers need would be any different from what anyone else would need. This is a ‘life-skill’ that we all need irrespective of our profession, to become a better person, a better human being.