Learn and Lead

About continual learning and leadership

Top Learning Resources of 2009

2009 was a continuation of my journey of online self-learning. I share with you the top learning resources from my PLE (personal learning environment) for the year 2009. I have found these valuable in my learning during the year. This is definitely not a comprehensive list.

Here are my top learning resources for the year 2009 (in no particular order):

  1. Twitter has been one of the most valuable learning tool for me this year. You can find the learning professionals I follow here and here.
  2. Stephen Downes OLDaily newsletter – The best of online learning daily updates, the one email subscription you should have
  3. Workplace Learning Today, Brandon Hall – A great aggregator blog of happenings around workplace learning
  4. Tom Kuhlmann’s Rapid E-Learning Blog. If you thought PowerPoint was boring, you’d be dead wrong. A great resource to learn to transform your elearning using PowerPoint and Articulate.
  5. HarvardBusiness.org Voices – various authors, very insightful management and leadership posts
  6. Great Leadership by Dan McCarthy has been a find this year. Great writing on leadership.
  7. Sumeet Moghe’s Free as in Freedom
  8. Zaid Ali Alsagoff’s ZaidLearn – The best lists, you can find almost everything here.
  9. Harold Jarche’s blog
  10. Ken Allen’s Blogger in Middle-Earth
  11. Clive Shepherd’s Clive on Learning
  12. Tony Karrer’s eLearning Technology
  13. Upside Learning blog started their weekly finds that have been very useful.
  14. Learning Practice by Vasan has had some interesting posts that got me thinking.
  15. Sahana Chattopadhyay’s ID and Other Reflections
  16. Tom Stone at Element K blog provides useful summaries of learning and development events and news. (Disclosure, I work for Element K)
  17. Gina Minks shares her Adventures in Corporate Education in her blog
  18. Ellen Behrens’ alearning or Association eLearning to be exact.
  19. Jane Bozarth's Bozarthzone has thoughts about the training and development field.
  20. Clark Aldrich On Simulations and Serious Games as the name says it all.
  21. e-Clippings (Learning As Art) by Mark Oehlert
  22. Informal Learning Blog by Jay Cross
  23. Karl Kapp’s Kapp Notes is another great resource for learning in 3D.
  24. Cammy Bean shares her Learning Visions.
  25. Clark Quinn shares useful Learnlets.
  26. Cathy Moore’s Making Change is a must for practical instructional design and elearning tips.
  27. Patrick Dunn’s Occasional Rants are not mere rants.
  28. George Siemens writes about learning, networks, knowledge, technology, community in elearnspace.
  29. Serious Games Market, another find this year.

For updates about technology, I rely on my Twitter network. If there’s something interesting, it gets retweeted around anyway.

I also developed interest in photography this year. Two photography blogs I follow are Beyond Megapixels and Digital Photography School.

I also share specific posts that I find useful. You can view them here.

Hope you find these resources as useful as I have found them.

4 comments:

Karl Kapp said...

Manish, Thanks for including me on this list. May you have a happy and prosperous new year!

Shrini said...

Thanks Manish for the include. Wishing you a happy new year 2010.

Sahana Chattopadhyay said...

Manish, thank you for including my blog. It's indeed an honour.

Wishing you a wonderful 2010!

Ellen said...

Mannish -- Thanks so much for the mention of the aLearning blog! It's a thrill to be included among so many excellent resources!

Post a Comment

Sponsors

.

Subscribe to this blog

Get updates in your email. Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe Posts feed

 Subscribe Comments feed

Blog Archive

eLearning Learning

Readers

Visitors

who's online
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published here is not read or approved in advance by my employers and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employers.

Creative Commons License This work by Manish Mohan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License.

Blogroll