2009 was a continuation of my journey of online self-learning. I share with you the top learning resources from my PLE (personal learning environment) for the year 2009. I have found these valuable in my learning during the year. This is definitely not a comprehensive list.
Here are my top learning resources for the year 2009 (in no particular order):
- Twitter has been one of the most valuable learning tool for me this year. You can find the learning professionals I follow here and here.
- Stephen Downes OLDaily newsletter – The best of online learning daily updates, the one email subscription you should have
- Workplace Learning Today, Brandon Hall – A great aggregator blog of happenings around workplace learning
- Tom Kuhlmann’s Rapid E-Learning Blog. If you thought PowerPoint was boring, you’d be dead wrong. A great resource to learn to transform your elearning using PowerPoint and Articulate.
- HarvardBusiness.org Voices – various authors, very insightful management and leadership posts
- Great Leadership by Dan McCarthy has been a find this year. Great writing on leadership.
- Sumeet Moghe’s Free as in Freedom
- Zaid Ali Alsagoff’s ZaidLearn – The best lists, you can find almost everything here.
- Harold Jarche’s blog
- Ken Allen’s Blogger in Middle-Earth
- Clive Shepherd’s Clive on Learning
- Tony Karrer’s eLearning Technology
- Upside Learning blog started their weekly finds that have been very useful.
- Learning Practice by Vasan has had some interesting posts that got me thinking.
- Sahana Chattopadhyay’s ID and Other Reflections
- Tom Stone at Element K blog provides useful summaries of learning and development events and news. (Disclosure, I work for Element K)
- Gina Minks shares her Adventures in Corporate Education in her blog
- Ellen Behrens’ alearning or Association eLearning to be exact.
- Jane Bozarth's Bozarthzone has thoughts about the training and development field.
- Clark Aldrich On Simulations and Serious Games as the name says it all.
- e-Clippings (Learning As Art) by Mark Oehlert
- Informal Learning Blog by Jay Cross
- Karl Kapp’s Kapp Notes is another great resource for learning in 3D.
- Cammy Bean shares her Learning Visions.
- Clark Quinn shares useful Learnlets.
- Cathy Moore’s Making Change is a must for practical instructional design and elearning tips.
- Patrick Dunn’s Occasional Rants are not mere rants.
- George Siemens writes about learning, networks, knowledge, technology, community in elearnspace.
- Serious Games Market, another find this year.
For updates about technology, I rely on my Twitter network. If there’s something interesting, it gets retweeted around anyway.
I also share specific posts that I find useful. You can view them here.
Hope you find these resources as useful as I have found them.