Learn and Lead

About continual learning and leadership

What I Learned in 2008

Learning Circuits asks readers to reflect on the year gone by and share what they learned in 2008.

I learned to shed my inhibition and fear of the online world (identify theft, spam, and most importantly, what will others think) and create a real digital presence on the web.

I learned how to make friends using the social web, through channels like blogs and social networking sites (Facebook and LinkedIn).

I learned to blog and interact with fellow bloggers.

I learned that it is not easy to get participation in online communities (not sure why I was surprised, having tried it in different avatars in the past).

I learned that it is great feeling when people I meet for the first time tell me that they read my blog.

I learned to shed my inhibitions to attend conferences on blogging and welcome opportunities to actually speak in conferences. I learned to blog about what I hear in conferences.

I learned how easy it is get a domain name and set up a website.

I learned to reflect and share my learning through my blog.

I learned about social and viral marketing and managed to generate a better response this year for my unofficial salary survey.

I learned from my fellow blogger how to gracefully agree to disagree.

Finally I learned that there is so much more to learn, and the more I learn the more I realize how little I know.

Here's a 'Wordle' of titles for 2008 blog posts.

1 comments:

Blogger In Middle-earth said...

Kia ora Manish

An interesting fan of links you have given here - thanks for those, they cover a fascinating spectrum of topics on blogging and what learning was important to you.

About learning, I couldn't agree more. It seems there is an exponential relationship between what's learnt and what's still to be learnt, no matter how much is learnt - if you catch my twitter.

A nice sweep of a year's study.

Best wishes
from Middle-earth

Post a Comment

Sponsors

.

Subscribe to this blog

Get updates in your email. Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

 Subscribe Posts feed

 Subscribe Comments feed

Blog Archive

eLearning Learning

Readers

Visitors

who's online
Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions. Content published here is not read or approved in advance by my employers and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employers.

Creative Commons License This work by Manish Mohan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License.

Blogroll